Friday, January 1, 2010

Wrapping up 2009 & Kicking off 2010

It’s 2010!!! and I start to blog again, hope this time I can keep this on. It’s so fast and 2009 already goes into history. So I have I done last year 2009? To start off my first blog in 2010, I’m going to share with you all what happened to me and what happened around me for the past one year. Also, it’s would be good for me recapped and summaries up the some of the big things in year 2009.

1 Jan 2009, I started off my first day of 2009 at Bla Bla Bla restaurant with Ivan, Florence, Kim San, and Nyet Pey, caused we have count down there. It was fun, and we given free party pack with bubble snow spray and it was crazy when it’s New Year and Bla Bla Bla it’s a place where I used to work as part time there before.


* countdown 09 @ Bla Bla Bla

January I was still having my intern with Lau and Ling Chartered Accountant, I worked as audit trainee there. It’s was a memorable office experience, and I used to work at KTS offices for sometime to vouched their accounts. The office was not so big, fun working there with the colleagues caused it’s most of them is about the same age with me. I worked there until 27 Feb before my new semester commenced.

* My internship @ Lau & Ling, photo with the colleagues

26 Jan 2009, Chinese New Year. It’s my year, the ox year. The second day of CNY I was back to Betong with my family and visited my grandparent (mother side), overnight there for one night then back to Kuching the next day and start my visiting with my friends. CNY is the time when we all friend completed as one gang, so it’s the time for us to have gathering and have much fun as we can. I was lucky because my firm gives holidays for one week to all the colleagues, then I can enjoy with all my friends and have visiting with my colleagues.

* CNY visiting @ my house * CNY sing K @ PopWave

14 Feb 2009, Valentine Day. I went to Lundu and Sematan with my gang, bring Ivan friend from Seremban, Chris. We visited Alice house at Sematan there and invited her to join our trip, then we have fun at Sematan Palm Beach Resort, swimming, take photos…then back to Lundu have our seafood dinner. We overnight at Union Retreat there, and have fun night, swim at the swimming pool middle of the night 12am ++ then have our red wine and cakes around 2am…I miss it already!!!

* Valentine Day @ Union Retreat 2am after swim * Group Photo before we back to Kuching

March to Jun, my final year, first semester was not so busy. Taken tax subject and enjoy tax lecture with Mr. Nick. For my club, CPA Australia Student Charter, I was proposed to Treasurer from Vice-treasurer after Hui Yu “retired” from the club. The first semester was still not so busy as all the major events have to postpone to second semester of 2009. The charter has committees’ recruitment around April and Edina gang start to come into the charter and the we start to have lot of fun, cheers among the committees, the true bonding among the committees start as we start to hang out and have dinner and lunch together.

July - my semester holidays, have no ideas how I gone through my holidays, enjoy n rest at home and hang out with friends.

August, my final semester commence. My busiest month in year 2009, busy preparing for CPA Australia Undergraduate Conference. I was the organizing person for this event, and it’s our charter major event which involves the school of business and CPA Australia, M’sia Division office, council, and university finance department. Glad that I have bunch of helpful and supportive committees, that willing to come for many meeting I called including Sunday.

3 September, my birthday celebrated with Ryan, Kim San, Julie and Nyet Pey at sharing planet.



12 September, it’s the conference, with total of 300++ participants including lecturers, invited guests and speakers, the events went smoothly and successfully. All the people happy with it, and what I most happy with is the manager from CPA office was so happy with it and promised us to give extra funding for our next activities which is the summer boot camp. I feel that all the hard work get paid when everyone happy and appreciate to it. Then the university made an press release in Borneo Post for our conference with all our handsome and pretty face inside there ^^

* Group photo with the organising committees & the speakers and CPA officers * Group pictures with the participants

21 September, Hari Raya Puasa, went for Shariman open house with CPA gang, have some nice food there, took some pictures then went for Azie open house.

* Raya visiting @ Shariman house * Raya visiting @ Azie house

26 September, my semester breaks start.

27 September, Swinburne Prom night with theme Masquerade the mystery night at four points by Sheraton. Its was my first time and last time (final sem) going to prom night. I invited my gang (Kim San, Ivan, Kenny and Julie), Swinburne outsider and some of my Swinburne to make it two tables. It was fun, we took a lot of pictures, and can see many people which totally different from what you will see in Swinburne, some looked good and some looked…erm what can I say is still need some improvement.



28 September (Tuesday), it’s my university convocation at the old DUN. I went there for some of my friends’ graduation and buy them some flowers. Took some pictures and the most exciting moment is we took picture using Alvin Leong photo shooting background for FREE!!! The reason behind this is the background is put there and not in use so we took some picture there with model poses. LOls

* with (from the left) Hui Yu, Wee Nee, Hui Chin and Mei Chen
* after edit using free background from Avin Leong

30 September (Wednesday), Ronnie, Shariman and I fly to KL which suppose for industrial visit but in the end become fun trip. So we enjoy there, shopping, eating and have my first movie there at GSC at Pavilion. We stay at Bukit Bintang area, the guest house (like B&B style) and I manage to meet up Maegan, Florence and her sister Janet at Mid Valley. The worst experience is that we have to take KTR from Mid Valley back to Bukit Bintang during peak hours. OMG!!! We stay at KL for three days two nights.

2 October, we three fly from KL to Miri using MAS (long time didn’t take MAS already, ^^) to meet up with my rest of charter committees to attend Curtin CPA Undergraduate Conference at the next day 3 Oct. it’s my second time there for Curtin conference, but of cause this time more fun with all the committees except for Lilian. Make some new friends from Curtin and mange to know some of the speakers which are very young, same age as me, unbelievable!!! We have some fun and visited some new places at Miri and back to kuching on Sunday, 4 Oct which our flight delay and have to take MAS wings and transit at Bintulu. The plane is the Fokker and its very hot inside, just like no air-con.

* at Curtin Conference
* at the girls room
* Group picture with the Curtin committees and the speakers

October, the month where I busy for assignments, tests, and charter activities stuff.

9 Nov (Monday), the first week the holidays start, CPA summer boot camp at Damai beach. This time I joined as a participant, but too bad I get injured on the first day during the obstacle course, and can’t really join for the second day games. As partially participants and committees, it’s hard to meet both the participants and Mr. Edwin expectations. But then we cannot make everyone satisfied so the taking over committees tried their very best to get things goes smoothly. I didn’t not really enjoy much theirecaused I am injured and I was staying same room with the committees so is like I have two identity there, back to the room I become committee (give opinions) and out to the room become participants. Mr. Edwin takes this opportunity to visit Kuching with his family, bring his wife and daughter. We bring hi to visit Sarawak Culture Village after the camp on Wednesday and the rest of the visit on next day in couldn’t join because I was injured.

* With my team member, the Airasia Team

24 Dec, I celebrate my Christmas countdown at Pop Wave with Kim San, Florence, Julie, Nyet pey, Joo Hui, Cheng Ping, Jacky and Dennis. Pop Wave, disappointed because they didn’t really update their songs. But it was crazy and fun singing with lot of people. But we can’t really feel the Christmas countdown mood cause it in the room but I did a crazy thing, open the door and shout merry Christmas to outside using microphone. Lols

25 Dec, it’s Christmas. As usual we went to Florence Christmas open house, have some nice food and red wine there. A bit different from Christmas gathering before is I suggested to have presents exchange, after I seeing Edina gangs have their presents exchange at Kay Wee house. Glad that we all manage to do that and have something special for 09 Christmas.

* at Florence house after get our presents exchanged

30 Dec, I went to sing K again, this time is at Spring K box with Edina, Chloe and Deidre. Kbox, what can I say is so much better than Pop Wave, songs very updated, got three mic, service attitude not bad, but room a bit small.

* with Edina, Chloe and Deidre

31 Dec, celebrate my New Year countdown at Florece house with Jacky, Ryan, Kim San, Viana, Liang Sze, Julie and Cheng Ping. We have some simply but very filling BBQ and steamboat, and one oreo cheese cake made by Viana and Kim San. We all have some fireworks and firecrackers. Then, we play cards till 2.30am before we dismiss. So this year 2010, I spent my first day at Florence house with my gang, and still as usual not complete.

* me and Jacky doing the BBQ
* our outcome, J&J BBQ chicken wings
* from the left: Ryan, Viana, Jacky and Kim San
* Having fun playing firework, back to kids times

To kick start of 2010, my New Year resolution:

1) Spend more time with Family and Friends. Spend more time with family by staying at home, and at the same time make plans to meet up with friends.

2) Fit and fitness. It time for me to keep my body fit before its goes too late. More exercise, more jungle trekking, more mountain climbing. Keep life balance between work and fitness.

3) Get a job. Get job with good salary if can, save some money for traveling, and buy car perhaps. Whether still in audit fields or commercial fields doesn’t matter, and if get chances get job in Singapore.

4) Enjoy life more. Rather than working and working, weekend have to plan some trips with friends for road trips, day trips, or overnight trips. Save more money then go travelling (backpackers) with friends.

5) Learn something new. What to learn haven’t decided yet. Hope that learning process doesn’t stop after university life.

6) Helps others. Helps others by doing some voluntary works, denote books, clothing, and other household item that no longer needed for the needed one.

7) Get organized. Get organized my life with full of activities, without wasting single minute if possible, cause life is too short. Get my financial organize, get out of debt if possible, and of cause get rich in younger age. Lols

8) Make some new friends and meet some successful people. Wish can learn form them and follow their pathway to success.


0 comments:

Post a Comment